nathanfritz at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 16:05:50 CDT 2008
I'm Nathan Fritz, a 27 year old fulltime XMPP dev for Seesmic. I am the
author of 3 client libraries:
- SleekXMPP (yet another Python XMPP lib)
- limiting external dependencies (no twisted, etc)
- easy to use and implement with little Python knowledge
- everything is a plugin mentality
- XMPPHP (PHP successor to Class.Jabber.PHP, which I used to "maintain",
and currently in very early stages)
- Event based XMPP lib
- Easy to Use and Implement
- Proper TLS support
- TwhiX (AS3/Flash 9/Adobe AIR lib yet to be formally announced)
- Can connect to ANY XMPP 1.0 server.
- Proper and full TLS support (a first for any Flash socket that I'm
The goals for all of my libs:
- Complete XMPP 1.0 compliance
- Complete Draft XEP compliance (long term)
- They're all going to have PubSub before the end of summer.
- Easy to use, easy to extend
- Proper native feel to their language.
At the Summit, I will be making some pubsub presentations, and some project
announcements useful to end-users with any luck. I always overhear
something like, "What we really need is an XMPP server written in PHP!" And
while that statement is *always* meant as sarcasm, I did it anyway. I'll be
presenting that at the Summit as well.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Summit