[Summit] Summit 5 - Introductions

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed May 21 12:01:17 CDT 2008

On 05/21/2008 10:45 AM, Patrick Logan wrote:
> I'm still working out whether I will be at OSCON at all. My office is
> a few blocks from the convention center, so if I am in town, I'll be
> there.
>
> I've dabbled in XMPP client code and have more ideas than I've made
> time for to date. So if there is room for an experienced developer
> generally, but without much XMPP experience specifically, I'd like to
> pair with folks or just show up to see what I can contribute.

There is room for everyone. It's somewhat of an unconference, but I will
try to at least map out some rough time slots ahead of time so that
folks can know we'll be hacking on microblogging stuff on Tuesday
morning, doing some interop testing on Monday afternoon, or whatever.

At the last few summits we've spent a lot of time just sitting around
talking. While that was productive, I could tell that coders wanted to
hack on things, so I think it would be better to mix it up this time. :)