[Summit] Jaiku Group

hellekin =8) hellekin at cepheide.org
Tue Feb 3 17:55:10 CST 2009

Hello people,

I'll be there for the dinner and summit.
Arriving at Brussels on Friday afternoon, heading for Void*Pointer
(HackerSpace Brussels, http://hackerspace.be/) and then to the FOSDEM Beer
Party.

On Tue 2009-02-03 at 21:39:41 +0100, Johansson Olle E wrote:

> 3 feb 2009 kl. 21.25 skrev Florian Jensen:
>
>> Hey,
>>
>> I thought I would create a Jaiku group for all the people who are
>> coming to Brussels for the XMPP Summit. It makes communicating a lot
>> easier :)
>>
>> If you're not familiar with Jaiku, it's like Twitter, but better. It
>> also allows you to receive the messages for free on your mobile, which
>> is very useful when traveling.
>>
>> http://jaiku.com/channel/XMPPBE
>
> ...and you need invites to get an account there.

*** Better than Twitter, I'm not sure. I get notices from a friend there,
but it's always linked to something else, so you don't have the full context
unless you click. I hate clicking.

But, you know, there's identi.ca. They have groups too. The software is
FLOSS and you don't need invites. It works nicely with XMPP and if you use
the youridenticausername at identichat.prosody.im, you get a MUC for yourself :)

Oh, did I mention http://identi.ca/group/xs (XMPP Summit ;) ?

==
hk