[Summit] Summit prep

Dirk Meyer dmeyer at tzi.de
Wed Feb 4 11:23:08 CST 2009

Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> 4. Mobile optimizations. The big item here from last year is roster
> sequencing, which I think we can extend to other eTags-like uses (disco
> results at MUC services, pubsub). Do we need a generic approach or is a
> roster-specific solution OK?
>
> http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0237.html
>
> (compare to http://xmpp.org/extensions/xep-0150.html )
>
> Another item here is fast reconnect / XEP-0198. (But do we need that if
> we have BOSH?)

Not for mobile optimizations, but for reliability. The following
happened to me very often:

1. I'm online at home, connected to the XMPP server

2. I put my laptop to sleep to go to work

4. A co-worker sends me a message while the XMPP server still had no
   time-out for my missing client

The message is lost. The co-worker does not know I did not receive it
because he got no error from the server and I'm marked as online. I will
never get a notification about the message because the server sent it to
me to the dead TCP stream.

Dirk

--
printk("What? oldfid != cii->c_fid. Call 911.\n");
	2.4.3 linux/fs/coda/cnode.c