[Summit] AMQP and XMPP

Nathan Fritz nathanfritz at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 12:11:31 CST 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 9:35 AM, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:
> On Thu Jan 14 16:37:22 2010, Joe Hildebrand wrote:
>>
>> Is anyone interested in talking about how AMQP and XMPP play well
>> together,
>> while we're all there together in person?
>>
>> Some quick brainstorming with Alexis lead to these starting points:
>> - XMPP over AMQP, similar to BOSH
>> - Aligning pubsub/queuing semantics
>> - Mapping pubsub/queuing protocols (i.e. gatewaying)
>> - AMQP as input/output for PEP nodes
>
> I'd be amazed if Nathan Fritz doesn't chime in on this one, too.
>
> I'm certainly curious about the whole area.
>
> Dave.
> --
> Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
>  - acap://acap.dave.cridland.net/byowner/user/dwd/bookmarks/
>  - http://dave.cridland.net/
> Infotrope Polymer - ACAP, IMAP, ESMTP, and Lemonade

Right, I certainly have some thoughts and experience with this.  Is
this for a FOSDEM presentation or more of a discussion at the Summit
itself?  I also have some thoughts on picking which messaging hub to
use given project requirements.

Pubsub <-> AMQP bindings are of particular interest to me.

I'm currently working with a client to determine whether AMQP or XMPP
(or something else) is a good fit for a message hub for smart power
grids.

Thanks,
Nathan Fritz