[Summit] AMQP and XMPP

anders conbere aconbere at gmail.com
Thu Jan 14 18:42:44 CST 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 6:37 AM, Joe Hildebrand
<joe.hildebrand at webex.com> wrote:
> Is anyone interested in talking about how AMQP and XMPP play well together,
> while we're all there together in person?
>
> Some quick brainstorming with Alexis lead to these starting points:
> - XMPP over AMQP, similar to BOSH
> - Aligning pubsub/queuing semantics

Like a bunch of other people I wont be able to make it this year, but
I want to throw my own voice into the mix.

I'm very much interested in this bit, and I think that supplying a
simple queueing XEP along side the complexities of pubsub, would go a
LONG ways to getting a usable XMPP messaging tool out there. I think
that if anything AMQP has shown that the number of features people
need for their use case is very small. A simple spec that maps easily
to AMQP would be "awesome".

~ Anders