[Summit] Introducing myself, as I will attend Fosdem, the hackfest and the summit

Laurent Eschenauer laurent at eschenauer.be
Fri Jan 15 04:50:05 CST 2010

Hi everyone,

Just a short note to say hello and introduce myself. I will attend Fosdem,
the hackfest and the summit.

I'm a software engineer working at Vodafone R&D (based in Maastricht,
Netherlands). I live in Belgium (Liège), so feel free to ping me if you have
local issues (yes.. there is more than Jupiler as beers in Belgium ;-)

Within my team, we have started last october a 'federated social networking'
project based on XMPP. We have already drafted some extensions and have a
first working iteration, so Fosdem will be a good time for us to go public
with our stuff, ask for feedback and maybe find some people/partners who
want to contribute.  It is all open source, Apache License 2 / Creative
Commons. We'll release the code and docs during Fosdem.

We also have some good lessons learned to share with those interested. The
technology used is:
- Server side is an OpenFire plugin
- Web client is Google Web Toolkit + Emite (thus BOSH)
- Android client using Smack

We'll have a 30' slot in the devroom on Saturday to show a quick demo. I'll
be around for the rest of the weekend and at the summit/hackfest to meet
more XMPP enthusiast and have good hallway discussions.

My XMPP interest: everything of course, but if you really insist I would
say: Social stuff, Mobile and XMPP in the browser (BOSH.. or better.. native
support !).

Where to find me: @eschnou on twitter and http://eschnou.com

Ho yeah, I'm also one of the developer of storytlr, an open source
lifestreaming platform. Nothing to do with XMPP, but worth mentioning:
http://storytlr.googlecode.com

Looking forward to meet you guys in Brussels,

Cheers,

-Laurent