[Summit] AMQP and XMPP

Yuriy Blokhin yuriy at kik.com
Mon Jan 18 11:43:28 CST 2010

Hello Florian,

What is meant by participating in XMPP Hackfest? The name of this event
sounds intriguing but just want to be clear :) Overall, I'm flying from
Canada and hope to get as much as possible out of this summit, so please
count me in for all three events.

My name is Yuriy Blokhin and I'm currently responsible for implementing an
XMPP based server infrastructure for media search, sharing and acquisition
with your mobile client. Our company is called Kik (Unsynced, previously)
and we are based in Waterloo, Canada - just across the road from RIM and
University of Waterloo. Having started just about 9 months ago with some
other fellow university students, we have picked up quite a momentum at this
moment. Being responsible for the backend part, I can't sleep too well these
days when I start planning on how to sustain a significant (1 000 000+)
number of concurrent xmpp sessions with most of them being BOSH. So I hope
to have some quality discussions on the topic of scalability with other
fellow xmpp developers. Beers won't hurt either :)

P.S. Is anybody still looking to share a double room?

Thanks

Yuriy