[Summit] XMPP

James Churchman jameschurchman at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 13:37:09 CST 2010

Hi Everyone

I am a 24-year-old developer from the UK and have been developing a realtime document editor for the Web and iPhone for the past few years and it's nearly finished (it been my full time occupation & I feel it’s very powerful). It's based on Ejabberd, Erlang and Cassandra project. The majority of the code (about 80 % ) is client side but the most important code is clearly all the servers side code.

I was just wondering if you felt it was worth it for me to travel over to XMPP Summit 8 in Belgium from the UK.
Also although probably not aimed directly at "users" of XMPP like myself, would their be any harm in me attending the Monday session on changes to the underlying XMPP protocol, I just feel that I may learn a lot & it would be worth it to me, if there is space left, to attend.

Finally just to confirm the majority of the discussion will be in English, like most English people my French is terrible!

Kind Regards

James