[Summit] XMPP

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Thu Jan 28 13:42:00 CST 2010

On Thu Jan 28 19:37:09 2010, James Churchman wrote:
> I was just wondering if you felt it was worth it for me to travel
> over to XMPP Summit 8 in Belgium from the UK.

Several UK people are coming.

> Also although probably not aimed directly at "users" of XMPP like
> myself, would their be any harm in me attending the Monday session
> on changes to the underlying XMPP protocol, I just feel that I may
> learn a lot & it would be worth it to me, if there is space left,
> to attend.

It's also really good to meet people working in similar areas, even
if you miss half of what's going on.

> Finally just to confirm the majority of the discussion will be in
> English, like most English people my French is terrible!

J'espère que les discussions sont en anglais aussi, parce-que je
mangle français quite atrociousment. ;-)

Yes, XMPP Summits are conducted in English, although there's a number
of French and Dutch speakers in particular.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/