[Summit] Tigase and version attribute on stream element..

Steffen Larsen zooldk at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 18:28:52 CST 2010

Sorry for the top posting, but I'm in a hurry here at OSCON..

Sounds reasonable both what Kevin and Matt said, I've just read that part of the specs too. :-)
But then shouldn't we change our XSD to have the version attribute to be mandatory then?. Or do we still wish to keep it because of backward capabilities?
Personally I think we should make it mandatory, if we want to do a proper standard and every server (s2s) should be 3920 compliant for calling them selves XMPP servers. :-) Sorry but I just find the different statements in the core spec confusing in this area. Section 4.4.1 its a bit contradicting.

-Cheers!

/Steffen