[Summit] Tigase and version attribute on stream element..

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Thu Jul 22 21:11:20 CST 2010

On Thu Jul 22 19:28:52 2010, Steffen Larsen wrote:
> Sorry for the top posting, but I'm in a hurry here at OSCON..
>
> Sounds reasonable both what Kevin and Matt said, I've just read
> that part of the specs too. :-)
> But then shouldn't we change our XSD to have the version attribute
> to be mandatory then?. Or do we still wish to keep it because of
> backward capabilities?

We don't want backwards compatibility, but our customers do... :-)

M-Link's rule is:

If it sees version, it sends version and features.

If it doesn't, it sends neither.

This is because we found servers (and clients) that choked if they
saw either features or a version number in the wild.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/