[Summit] [Members] Fwd: poll: Summit #11

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Wed Apr 20 22:18:11 UTC 2011

On 4/20/11 3:58 PM, bear wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 17:54, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
>> Not a lot of feedback, unfortunately. Perhaps we need to consider #5:
>> don't hold a Summit in North America this year.
>>
>> The nice folks at O'Reilly just pinged me unsolicited about whether we'd
>> like a room, because space is filling up fast. Shall I tell them we're
>> not interested?
>
> I know my schedule has changed just because of the uncertainty with
> this and I'm sure I can't be the only one.
>
> so yes, let's make the decision to not have the North American summit
> at OSCon this year.

I'm happy to commit to a summit at OSCON, with the understanding that I
won't be there to help organize it. That means others would need to do
that work. One possibility is to focus on a more developer-friendly
topic, like the validation software. I can probably even raise money for
that effort if we can find folks who will commit to the work.