[Summit] [Members] Fwd: poll: Summit #11

bear bear42 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 22:21:58 UTC 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 18:18, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
> On 4/20/11 3:58 PM, bear wrote:
>> On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 17:54, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
>>> Not a lot of feedback, unfortunately. Perhaps we need to consider #5:
>>> don't hold a Summit in North America this year.
>>>
>>> The nice folks at O'Reilly just pinged me unsolicited about whether we'd
>>> like a room, because space is filling up fast. Shall I tell them we're
>>> not interested?
>>
>> I know my schedule has changed just because of the uncertainty with
>> this and I'm sure I can't be the only one.
>>
>> so yes, let's make the decision to not have the North American summit
>> at OSCon this year.
>
> I'm happy to commit to a summit at OSCON, with the understanding that I
> won't be there to help organize it. That means others would need to do
> that work. One possibility is to focus on a more developer-friendly
> topic, like the validation software. I can probably even raise money for
> that effort if we can find folks who will commit to the work.

That is what was driving me to cancel it - if your not going, i'm not
going, jhildebrand isn't going ... then we need to find someone very
soon to step up to coordinate it.

--
Bear

bear at xmpp.org (email)
bear42 at gmail.com (xmpp, email)
bear at code-bear.com (xmpp, email)
http://code-bear.com/bearlog (weblog)

PGP Fingerprint = 9996 719F 973D B11B E111  D770 9331 E822 40B3 CD29