[Summit] Results BOSH interop testing

Winfried Tilanus winfried at tilanus.com
Sat Feb 5 05:55:56 CST 2011

Hi all,

Here are the results of the BOSH testing we did yesterday. Because the
test we run was very limited (just connecting and logging in), it might
be good to keep all infrastructure we setup running the next days. We
can then do more testing or reproduce these results...

CU around!

Winfried

Results of "log-in" test:

            CAXL      Strophe     MatriX     JWChat
Tigase      fails [1] fails [3]   success    success
XCP         success   success     success    fails [2]
ejabberd    success   success     success    success
Openfire    success   succes      success    success
Prosody     success   success     success    success

Todo - Interop Group

Notes:

Bind uri: should it be a file (/http-bind) or a directory (/http-bind/)
or both? (Comment from MW: Both should be equivalent (try it on any HTTP
server) - I see no reason to disallow the latter.

Tigase: BOSH should not offer STARTTLS.

XEP: Add a note about not offering STARTTLS stream feature via BOSH.

[1] CAXL will complete login to Tigase successfully, but will fail when
sending a message (acknowledged rid <val> outside expected range).  It's
not clear the problem is in acknowledgment validation in CAXL or Tigase
being overly aggressive with acks (every response has an ack).

[2] Fails on opeing a stream: After SASL JWChat it doesn't wait for
stream features and doesn't look for bind and session in it, but sends
the bind iq right away. With XCP this causes an open bosh connection
without an active XMPP stream.

[3] With Tigase strophe.js hangs upon sending SENT: <body
rid='1562476336' xmlns='http://jabber.org/protocol/httpbind'
to='example.com' xml:lang='en' wait='60' hold='1' content='text/xml;
charset=utf-8' ver='1.6' xmpp:version='1.0' xmlns:xmpp='urn:xmpp:xbosh'/>