[Summit] devroom talks

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Wed Jan 12 03:23:44 CST 2011

On Tue Jan 11 20:57:59 2011, bear wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 15:55, Peter Saint-Andre
> <stpeter at stpeter.im> wrote:
> > On 1/11/11 1:54 PM, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> >> Here is a guess at a schedule for Saturday afternoon:
> >>
> >> 13:00-13:15 Intro/Logistics (Peter Saint-Andre)
> >> 13:15-14:00 XMPP 101 (Remko Tronçon)
> >> 14:00-14:30 Stump the XMPP Experts! Open Q&A (various)
> >> 14:30-15:00
> >> 15:00-15:30
> >> 15:30-16:00
> >> 16:00-16:30
> >> 16:30-17:00
> >> 17:00-18:00 Lightning talks (various)
> >>
> >> I've heard that Kevin Smith, Tuomas Koski, Steffen Larsen, and
> others
> >> might be interested in giving devroom talks. If so, please speak
> up! Fun
> >> topics with slick demos are especially welcome. :)
> >
> > Doh, bear just pointed me here:
> >
> > http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/FOSDEM_2011#Give_a_Devroom_Talk
> >
> > I stand corrected. :)
>
> the ordering on that wiki page is as I pulled them from my email
> queue
> - so except for the first two slots, it's all up for negotiation ;)

I can give a talk on authentication technologies and challenges, with
reference to (but not limited to) XMPP.

I have given a talk like this before, to an audience of 9/10 year old
school children, but to a FOSDEM crowd I think I can take it a bit
further - I can cover things like channel binding and PKIX, and
progress more rapidly over the bits about plaintext passwords in the
clear.

I can more or less fit it in any slot, but it's not a 15-minute talk.

Dave.
Dave Cridland - mailto:dave at cridland.net - xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net
  - http://dave.cridland.net/