[Summit] Transportation

Remko Tronçon remko at el-tramo.be
Fri Jan 28 15:38:02 CST 2011

Hi Ben,

> Does anyone have transport recommendations to get to both the FOSDEM and Cisco locations from the Le Meridien? Are there train or metro stops convenient to either location?

There's a bus from the central station that gets you to FOSDEM, or you
can do metro+tram (http://delijn.be has a good route planner for
public transport throughout belgium, but there's also a route
description on the fosdem website). I think the XMPP crew tends to go
together to make sure they get lost together :-)

Cisco is about 10 minutes walk from the Diegem train station (see
http://b-rail.be for train info), but I'm not sure how accessible the
road is on foot. Then again, it's the only public transport to there,
it's a big campus, and it's pretty horrible to drive there during rush
hour, so I would reckon many people do it.

cheers,
Remko