[Summit] XMPP Summit and FOSDEM 2012

Winfried Tilanus winfried at tilanus.com
Thu Jan 5 10:37:00 UTC 2012

On 01/04/2012 06:03 PM, Dave Cridland wrote:

Hi,

> 2) The XSF has also formed a formal "Special Interest Group", open to
> all, to discuss Interop testing at the XMPP Summit, and in particular
> the Friday before FOSDEM 2012.

I don't mind to do some coordination for the interop testing. But I
think we would have a better outcome when we prepare more in advance.
Maybe best to discuss that at the interop list.

> 3) Finally, the XSF has a dev room at FOSDEM 2012, and has several slots
> available for interesting XMPP-related talks. In general, these talks
> are best used to target audiences wider than the core XMPP community.
> Talks are welcome from all.

I can give a "learn from our mistakes"-talk in the devroom about the
design choices and mistakes we made with HelpIM (and the choices,
hopefully not mistakes, we are making right now). I expect it to give a
good insight in the issues kind of you face when making a XMPP
webapplication.

Winfried