[Summit] FOSDEM Real-Time Lounge

Ralph Meijer ralphm at ik.nu
Sat Jan 7 14:49:16 UTC 2012

Hi!

As you can see in the attached exchange with Mattias Guns of the FOSDEM
team, they are proposing a location in the K building. This is an
awesome space, perfectly suited to execute some of the more ambitious
plans we had for the Real-Time Lounge. I believe it is a little under
30m², but I've requested exact measurements.

I promised to get him a more detailed plan in the second half of this
week, so let's get that plan together.

 From the top of my head, we need to address the following:

  * Arrangement of stuff in the area:
    * Furniture (small tables, bean bags?)
    * Displays
    * Bannering
    * Queue poles to 'fence off' the area a bit?
  * Logistics:
    * Where do we get various hardware?
    * How do we get it to the location?
  * Demonstrations:
    * Who/What?
    * When?
  * Swag?

We probably need a few people taking parts of this list as a
responsibility. Who's taking what?

Let's get cracking at this. This is a great opportunity!

--
ralphm