[Summit] [Presentation] Real-time demo, nsapi.xmpp.openov.nl / 42transit

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Tue Jan 10 17:47:55 UTC 2012

Hi,

Ralph asked me if I might give a presentation if I came anyway. So I would
like to do so.

Abstract;
In the past months we have integrated the Dutch Railways API into a
PubSub. This resulted in a component (Python/SleekXMPP) where users can
subscribe on and automatically receive events once there are changes on
the track. For demonstration purposes we have build an HTTP frontend, so
people could also use service discovery and getItems using REST if they
prefer so. One of the webapps that was created was 42transit.com using
BOSH and anonymous SASL login (eJabberd). More apps are being created, and
the rail-only pubsub is now transformed in a multimodal, realtime transit
API over XMPP.

Stefan