[Summit] [FOSDEM 2012] How is organised the stand ?

Goffi goffi at goffi.org
Wed Jan 11 16:14:33 UTC 2012

On 11/01/2012 16:55, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> On 1/11/12 7:23 AM, Goffi wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have no answer about my projet (« Salut à Toi »), is it ok to have
>> some room in the stand for live demo ?
> Seems fine to me!

Great :)

>> And what about a small talk in
>> the devroom ?
> What is the topic? These devroom talks are usually directed to
> developers who don't know a lot about XMPP. So it can be interesting to
> talk about how you solved a particular problem, challenges involved in
> coding network applications, that sort of thing.

Well I was thinking about showing the architecture (one backend/several
frontends) and its advantages, the technologies used
(Python/twisted/wokkel among many other things), how stuff like the
command-line frontend can be used to script things, etc. But maybe it
doesn't fit the usual talks in devrooms (I never went to FOSDEM before,
so I have no idea of how the devroom are managed). Anyway the most
important for me is the stand (and meet the XMPP community of course :) ).

cheers
Goffi