[Summit] Hands-on Prosody module development tutorial

Matthew Wild mwild1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 23:08:32 UTC 2012

Hi all,

Last year at the XMPP hackfest (it's on the Friday before FOSDEM, for
those not paying attention) I gave a brief impromptu walk-through of
Lua to a small group of interested people. I'd be happy to do the same
again (a bit more prepared this time) to anyone curious, but would
like to gauge interest in taking it a step further this year.

Would there be sufficient interest to get together a group of people
for a walk-through of Prosody from a developer's perspective, and a
module development tutorial? I guess it wouldn't take more than an
hour or so, probably in the afternoon, possibly with a Lua
introduction in the morning.

If you can make it and are interested in this, let me know. If you
also have any ideas about modules to implement on the day I'd like to
hear them too!

Regards,
Matthew