[Summit] [jdev] Fwd: Brussels discussion topics

James Churchman jameschurchman at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 12:24:42 UTC 2012

I would be very happy to join this discussion !

( my own opinion is that xmpp is a protocol, and fabulously documented
but there is always a big gap between a protocol and using a real
world product that implements the protocol and then actually building
something real onto of that.. Jack's excellent book that sits well
read on my cabinet covers common javascript application building type
problems, but there is not a great deal of say tutorial videos of the
style that made Ruby on Rails popular for how to build an entire
system with EjabberD , Tigase, Prosody .. and then how to build the
client app in javascirpt or for Android or iOS .. that is what i think
is lacking, a few dozen videos of "how to build a PubSub based iPhone
app with xmpp" and then "how to build the server side part in Prosody"
for example. Just my 2 pence :-) )