[Summit] devroom speakers take note!!!

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Sun Jan 15 21:13:34 UTC 2012

Personal and Family names: Dave CRIDLAND

Bio: A native speaker of five languages, all of them English, Dave Cridland is an acknowledged world expert on ACAP and Lemonade. He has written an open-source ACAP server, and Polymer, the only ACAP-aware Lemonade-capable MUA. He's also written Suelta, a Python SASL library that other people actually use. He currently works for Isode as a Welsh Cat Herder.

Talk Title: Plastique.

Talk Abstract: A new project whose distinguishing feature is not reinventing the wheel.

Talk Description: Recently, Dave discovered a batch processing protocol called Hututupuh. Looking into it (it's apparently quite popular), he noticed a habit of Hututupuh developers to reinvent often key areas, such as endpoint identifiers, authentication, and notifications.

Since the XMPP world has had these working just fine for quite a while (usually by reusing things like SASL), Dave wondered what would happen if you let XMPP do some of the heavy lifting. Hututupuh developers will, now doubt, rejoice at having a simple, ready-made solution available to them, with a pre-existing global infrastructure and wide support.

Image: I'll dig one out on Monday. :-)

Link: xmpp:dwd at dave.cridland.net

--
(Not at my desk)