[Summit] XMPP service discovery in the webinos project

Klos, V.B. (Victor) victor.klos at tno.nl
Mon Jan 16 10:23:50 UTC 2012

hi all,

this talk proposal has not made it to the list at http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/FOSDEM_2012#Give_a_Devroom_Talk. Has it slipped through or is it not interesting enough? I will assume the first, and continue with the abstract below :-)

BTW I am willing to help out in the real time lounge as well, could present this demo there as I notice the day is somewhat filled already.

Title: XMPP-based Service Discovery in webinos
Speaker: Victor Klos
Abstract: The webinos project (http://webinos.org/) aims to deliver an open source open standards based platform for secure and privacy aware interaction between services. Developers program in JavaScript and get access to both local and remote services. Under the hood, the webinos runtime uses XMPP to do service discovery. This talk highlights some service discovery related design choices and gets interactive in the second half on the topic of 'massive service discovery'.

Kind regards,
Victor