[Summit] Hands-on Prosody module development tutorial

Klos, V.B. (Victor) victor.klos at tno.nl
Mon Jan 16 19:45:25 UTC 2012

love prosody, +1

cheers,
Victor

-----Original Message-----
From: summit-bounces at xmpp.org [mailto:summit-bounces at xmpp.org] On Behalf Of Matthew Wild
Sent: zaterdag 14 januari 2012 0:09
To: XMPP Summit
Cc: Prosody IM Developers Group
Subject: [Summit] Hands-on Prosody module development tutorial

Hi all,

Last year at the XMPP hackfest (it's on the Friday before FOSDEM, for those not paying attention) I gave a brief impromptu walk-through of Lua to a small group of interested people. I'd be happy to do the same again (a bit more prepared this time) to anyone curious, but would like to gauge interest in taking it a step further this year.

Would there be sufficient interest to get together a group of people for a walk-through of Prosody from a developer's perspective, and a module development tutorial? I guess it wouldn't take more than an hour or so, probably in the afternoon, possibly with a Lua introduction in the morning.

If you can make it and are interested in this, let me know. If you also have any ideas about modules to implement on the day I'd like to hear them too!

Regards,
Matthew