[Summit] devroom speakers take note!!!

Jonathan Schleifer js-xmpp-summit at webkeks.org
Mon Jan 16 23:31:49 UTC 2012

Am 15.01.2012 um 20:38 schrieb Peter Saint-Andre:

> REQUIRED INFORMATION
>
> - Personal Name *and* Family Name ("goffi" and "dodo" are not enough!)

Jonathan Schleifer
Florian Zeitz

> - Short Bio (what software projects you've worked on, etc.)

Jonathan Schleifer:
Developer of the ObjFW Objective C framework, XSF member, one of the Gajim developers, patches to several XMPP projects, student and working at RWTH Aachen University.

Florian Zeitz:
Currently a student at the RWTH Aachen University, working on parts of the Prosody XMPP server, XSF member.

> - Talk Title (I've created some of these, please check)

ObjXMPP - An XMPP framework for Objective C with ObjFW

> - Talk Abstract (one line only)

In this talk, we are going to present you ObjXMPP, a relatively new XMPP framework written in Objective C using the ObjFW framework.

> - Talk Description (slightly longer description)

In this talk we will introduce the ObjXMPP library.
It is a still young XMPP library for Objective C based on the ObjFW framework.
The striking feature of this combination is its portability to different platforms and the great flexibility Objective C offers.

We will present which features have already been implemented, as well as our near
term goals. A short overview of the concepts used in the library will be given.
At the end of the talk, we are going to present a simple echo bot written using ObjXMPP.

> OPTIONAL INFORMATION
>
> - Image (128x128, preferrably PNG)

Unfortunately, none exists yet.

> - Link (blog, website, etc.)

https://webkeks.org/hg/objxmpp/

If talks are going to be filmed, we'd prefer it not to be filmed, as we present the current state of ObjXMPP, which is still under heavy development and thus the information and code we present might be outdated quite quickly. Streaming OTOH would be ok.

--
Jonathan