[Summit] Fwd: Re: devroom speakers take note!!!

Emil Ivov emcho at jitsi.org
Tue Jan 17 12:21:12 UTC 2012

Had sent to Peter personally.

Sending to list for completeness.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [Summit] devroom speakers take note!!!
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 23:41:46 +0100
From: Emil Ivov <emcho at jitsi.org>
To: Peter St Andre (stpeter) <stpeter at stpeter.im>

Hey Peter,

On Sun, Jan 15, 2012 at 8:38 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at stpeter.im>
wrote:
> If we've added your talk to the devroom schedule, please provide the
> following information AS SOON AS POSSIBLE but no later than by Friday,
> January 20.
>
> (For background about this request, please see [1].)
>
> REQUIRED INFORMATION
>
> - Personal Name *and* Family Name ("goffi" and "dodo" are not enough!)

Emil Ivov

> - Short Bio (what software projects you've worked on, etc.)

Emil Ivov is the founder and current lead of the Jitsi project. He is
also involved with other initiatives like the icej4.org and JAIN SIP
projects, and contributes to IETF related efforts like the AVTEXT and
RTCWEB and P2PRG working groups. Emil obtained his Ph.D. from the
University of Strasbourg in early 2008, and has been focusing primarily
on Jitsi  activities ever since.

> - Talk Title (I've created some of these, please check)

Jingle, the Universe and Everything

> - Talk Abstract (one line only)

A talk about Jingle, its variants, its features, its NAT traversal,
how it compares to SIP and everything you can do with it.

> - Talk Description (slightly longer description)

The talk will present Jingle (XMPP's VoIP extensions) to developers
who are only slightly aware of it, or not at all. It will cover its
features and its promise. In addition to the Jingle basics the
presentation will also go through subjects like NAT and firewall
traversal, a description of Gingle (Google's very popular variant of
Jingle), as well as a brief overview of how Jingle compares to SIP and
how they could be put to work together.

The talk will also briefly present implementation details and gotchas
encountered by the Jitsi developers while working on Jingle support
for audio, video and conference
calls.

http://archive.fosdem.org/2010/schedule/images/speaker-52-128x128.jpg

> - Link (blog, website, etc.)