[Summit] devroom schedule update

goffi goffi at goffi.org
Fri Jan 20 20:47:11 UTC 2012

On 20/01/2012 19:06, Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Does your client have special social networking features and will you be
> talking about that? I don't think it's an XMPP application (by which we
> roughly mean things other than clients and servers).

Yes it does: it manage microblogging and group microblogging (what
Google call "circles"), games, and other things are planned but not made
yet like events management and profiles.

The trick is "coding" is IMHO not adapted because the talk is not about
coding tricks or a library.

As the talk is in dev room, I will put emphasis on technical stuff like
the architecture, the advantages of being multi-frontends or the
technologies used, but I plan to speak (quickly) about some features
like group microblogging, and maybe spend some time on using XMPP as a
replacement to traditional email network.

So WebApps is not suited (there is a web frontend, but "Salut à Toi" is
not only web), Applying XMPP neither (as you said, it's for things other
than clients and servers), and multimedia and coding are not good
neither. That's why I think Social Networking is the more adapted.

cheers
Goffi