[Summit] jabber/xmpp stand or lounge

Ralph Meijer ralphm at ik.nu
Fri Jan 27 19:42:30 UTC 2012

On 2012-01-21 16:06 , Tias Guns wrote:
> Hey Ralph,
>
> I made a mistake, the K building can be accessed both from the 1st floor
> and the 2nd floor. The 2nd floor entrance is where your booth-place is
> marked; I though it was an emergency exit.
>
> We'll have to move your stand place, the best I can imagine is at the
> left side of that hallway (see attached PNG).
>
> It's a bit more out of sight, but you can put banners or smth in the
> 'lighter area', and it does give your more place in the back area. Being
> a bit around the corner perhaps gives you even more opportunity to
> create a loungy atmosphere?
>
> One thing to keep in mind is that there is an elevator, and a passage to
> the K auditorum (e.g. for disabled ppl) that should be kept accessible
> (south side of the area, not colored).
>

> Attached a ridiculously detailed building plan that can help you plan it.
>

> Hope this is still fine?
> Tias

That sounds good to me. Indeed, you assertion about the loungy
atmosphere being increased seems valid.

We have a number of demos listed here:
<http://wiki.xmpp.org/web/FOSDEM_2012#Demos>. And seating is being
arranged. This should be blast.

Thanks again!

PS: for the XMPP Summit people: I didn't attach the 6.8MB PDF of the
floor plan here. If anyone needs it, I'll got you a copy on request.

--
ralphm