[Summit] XMPP summit in October...

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Tue Jul 24 07:15:00 UTC 2012

On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 4:34 AM, bear <bear42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would love to have a 2 day summit but I know that it may be tough
> for folks to add another day to the end of KRTConf.

I think it depends if we expect everyone who'd want to attend the XSF
event to also attend KRT. I won't be able to attend KRT, at least, so
two days of XSF would seem sensible to me (although I've not broached
the subject of me going at all with the higher powers yet).

If we think people would go just for the XSF stuff, having just one
day seems to prohibit anything but local travel. If we believe people
will be going to both KRT and XSF and will be using KRT as an XSF
overflow it's probably not necessary. We seemed to manage to fill two
days either side of FOSDEM pretty well, despite having two days of
chat in the middle.

/K