[Summit] rough agenda for XMPP Summit 12

Jack Moffitt jack at metajack.im
Wed Oct 17 19:24:57 UTC 2012

> Folks, here is a rough agenda for XMPP Summit 12 next week in
> Portland. Please provide feedback, let me know if you want to lead a
> discussion, speak up if you think other topics are more important, etc.

If there is interest, I'm happy to give a talk/demo on Strophe. I
recently prepared a live-coding game demo/presentation that shows off
the basics and is pretty fun. I'd need about 30 minutes and some
audience participation for the game.

I'd also like to propose a hack night/sprint after the dinner or after
the end of the conference on Friday.  I think it would be a bunch of
fun to work on whatever XMPP related projects we had, and perhaps
several of us old-timers can be available for questions and advice,
etc.

In particular, I'd like to finish up the XPath support for Strophe
that Joe Hildebrand and I started a while back. I'd also like to play
with some new languages and XMPP (Rust and Go might be interesting),
and the project I have in mind is a websocket proxy similar to Punjab
for BOSH.. Or we can write a markov-chain bot that will impersonate
Peter :)

> We plan to use Google Hangouts for remote participation (hey, it's
> based on XMPP), so please make sure you can use that if you want to
> give a presentation or join in from places other than Portland. I am
> *not* planning to get A/V equipment for the room.

I have a projector that I could bring. Or perhaps the AndYet folks
could assist us with that as well?

> I'd really like input from folks here about the "TBD" topics. There
> are things I'd like to talk about, but I want to make sure we cover
> the topics that XMPP developers and operators think are high priorities.

One idea is a discussion around decentralized social media.

jack.