[Summit] Conribution to Strophe BOSH/WebSocket Discussion

Dominik Renzel renzel at dbis.rwth-aachen.de
Sun Oct 21 13:11:55 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I might have something to contribute to the planned discussion on
strophe planned for the Summit.

Starting from https://github.com/metajack/strophejs/issues/68 one of my
students (Andreas aka gordin) and me spent some efforts to implement
XMPP over WebSocket in strophe in a much cleaner way than it was done
before. Jack, you might want to consider gordin's pull request:
https://github.com/metajack/strophejs/pull/95. Our research group at
RWTH Aachen University did some work using XMPP in the context of the
EU-funded research project ROLE. This was presented in the Jabber/XMPP
Dev Room at FOSDEM 12 in Brussels
https://archive.fosdem.org/2012/schedule/event/interwidget_communication_with_xmpp.html,
and the strophe WebSocket implementation was part of this.

Of course we'd be happy to hear your feedback.

Best regards,

     Dominik