[Summit] Invitation to participate in IEEE/IEC/IEEE 21451-1-4 Working Group (10-25-12)

William Miller mact-usa at att.net
Thu Oct 25 13:19:05 UTC 2012

To Summit Attendees,

I wish to extend to Summit Attendees to participate in a meeting and
announcement for a Call for Participation in the kick-off of

*	ISO/IEC/IEEE 21451-1-4, XMPP Interface Working Group schedule for
1000 hours (EST) on 2012-11-30

I would ask that you RSVP me regarding your intent on this teleconference,
in addition to the WG Chair(s) and ISO/IEC/IEEE 2145x Co-chair (Dr. Kang Lee
with NIST).  This is asked so that I can ascertain the participation, as
well as ensuring that we have enough seats on the teleconference.  I will
forward you details with call-in information..

The discussion will review the scope of the 21451-1-4 Smart Transducer
Interface for Sensor, Actuators, and Network Devices to use

eXtensible Markup and Presence Protocol (XMPP).   This use of the XMPP
protocol  is technology agnostic and protocol independent with security
built-in.  The range of application of XMPP include cloud computing, sensor
networks, process control, Smart Grid, M2M, and now the Internet of Things
(IoT).  To learn more you can also visit http://www.mact-usa.com which
discusses use of XMPP for smart devices such as Android or Apple
Smartphones, Tablets Pc's, etc.   It also discusses a IPDX (IP Data
Exchange) which can be used to tie-in legacy devices securely via a new
federated cloud sensor service called IPDX.NET based on XMPP which is a
reference model.

The meeting is scheduled to last one hour.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.  Regards,

W.J.MILLER, PRESIDENT, MaCT, 01 301 500-9277

ISO/IEC/IEEE 21451-1-4 WG, Chairman