[Summit] An extremely late FOSDEM talk proposal

Waqas Hussain waqas20 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 06:00:53 UTC 2013

This submission is late, but if there's interest in the topic and
room in the timetable, I'd like it to be considered.

Name: Waqas Hussain
Bio:
  Waqas Hussain is one of the main developers behind the
  Prosody project, a member of the XSF since 2008,
  co-founder of ChatID Inc.

Title: Securing BOSH Applications
Type: Presentation
  displaying user-provided rich content. Strategies, best
  practices, common pitfalls.

Time: 30 minutes
URLs: None at the moment, but some will be available soon

Details:
  The primary inspiration for this talk is the various security
  issues I have discovered in web applications (BOSH or otherwise)
  over the past years. This was originally meant to be a short
  length discussion at the Summit, but I was encouraged by various
  folks to do this at FOSDEM as the talk can appeal to a broader
  audience. The talk is developer oriented. Most of the ideas
  would apply to displaying any untrusted user provided content in
  a web-based environment, even in applications which are not BOSH
  based.