[Summit] devroom schedule is final!

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Thu Jan 24 08:29:37 UTC 2013

On Jan 24, 2013 8:17 AM, "Steffen Larsen" <zooldk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Just for the fun of it.. why is our schedule on FOSDEM still called
Jabber? Isn't it time for changing the name? hence the talk on the dev list
regarding the Jabber name trademark. :-)

Jabber is still a more recognizable name; it'd be nice to change it, but
the problem is that people aren't searching for XMPP.

We may yet have to change, since Cisco now use the trademark for a number
of products not directly related to XMPP, which is unfortunate.

You're quite correct though that this is a branding problem for us, and one
we will have to confront.