[Summit] XSF Summit and Hackathon in Berlin

Hund, Johannes johannes.hund at siemens.com
Mon Sep 1 11:21:00 UTC 2014

Hello,

My colleague Daniel Peintner and myself would like to join the summit in Berlin on September 10.
I would also like to participate in the hackathon on September 11.

Our affiliation is the research and technology center of Siemens and our background are in various aspects of communication, particularly for embedded devices.

We see XMPP gaining importance in the IoT/WoT world as well as very distributed automation domains like smart grids and have some background both theoretical in application of XMPP as well as in practical implementation. Therefore we have great interest in the current and future developments in XMPP.

Daniel is an expert for the topic of XML and EXI, well-known in the EXI standardization within W3C and the maintainer of Exificient (http://exificient.sourceforge.net/), which is currently supporting to provide a proof-of-concept implementation of XEP-0322, on which we also seek topic-wise discussion.

The plan right now is that I will be in Berlin in personsa and Daniel will join remotely.
Is there anything we need to do, besides the wiki and lanyrd?

With best regards,
Dr. Johannes Hund

Siemens AG
Corporate Technology
Research & Technology Center
CT RTC NEC EMB-DE
Otto-Hahn-Ring 6
81739 Muenchen, Germany
Tel.: +49 89 636-31815
Fax: +49 89 636-51115
Mobile: +49 173 4719879
mailto:johannes.hund at siemens.com

Siemens Aktiengesellschaft: Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Gerhard Cromme; Managing Board: Joe Kaeser, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer; Roland Busch, Lisa Davis, Klaus Helmrich, Hermann Requardt, Siegfried Russwurm, Ralf P. Thomas; Registered offices: Berlin and Munich, Germany; Commercial registries: Berlin Charlottenburg, HRB 12300, Munich, HRB 6684; WEEE-Reg.-No. DE 23691322