[Summit] FOSDEM Real-Time Lounge / stands / demos

Winfried Tilanus winfried at tilanus.com
Thu Dec 3 18:45:47 UTC 2015

On 03-12-15 19:11, Daniel Pocock wrote:

Hi Daniel,

> The real-time lounge is aimed at real-time communication (voice, video,
> chat, social media etc) or using XMPP or SIP as part of a solution.
>
> Does this sound like it matches closely enough with your project?

Yes, the aim is to create real time collaboration between multiple
actors (human and automated) in the care process. That would involve a
real time exchange of something like FHIR/HL7, but also more classical
functions like a social network and video calls. At the same time we aim
for a distributed, open architecture that is still able to maintain
privacy and security. We haven't decided on the architecture of the
'backbone' yet, but IMHO it is inevitable to use XMPP.

I believe this project is a nice example of how real time technologies
have their use beside the classical communication like voice, video,
chat, social media etc.

> Or is your project more about real-time data access?  That may or may
> not be a good match for the lounge.

What is the difference between real time access and real time collaboration?

Winfried