[Summit] XMPP experts for joint meeting of W3C WoT IG and IRTF T2T RG 25-28.1.2016 in Nice, France

Hund, Johannes johannes.hund at siemens.com
Wed Dec 30 15:00:00 UTC 2015

Dear XSF members and XMPP experts,

I've been occasionally visiting a few summits and meetups as XMPP is gaining more and more importance in the IoT space.
On that behalf, I would like to point to a face-to-fae meeting on Jan 25.-28. 2016 near Nice, France.

It will be a joint meeting of the "Interest group on the Web of Things" of W3C and the "Thing-to-Thing research group" of IRTF (the research arm of IETF).
Both groups are discussing the use of open internet technologies and applying best practices from the web for IoT applications.
I am chairing a task force that is chartered to investigate APIs (such as scripting layers) and bindings to commonly used communication protocols for the discussed models.

I would like to have some experts of XMPP in the discussion and it would be great if we could get some people of the XSF join us on this meeting.

For further information, please refer to this wiki site and/or contact me:

https://www.w3.org/WoT/IG/wiki/F2F_meeting_2016,_January,_26th_%E2%80%93_28th,_France,_Nice

Best regards,
Johannes