[Summit] XSF Board Minutes 20150112T1600Z

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Jan 12 18:44:39 UTC 2015

Also from the XSF Board minutes (sent to XSF Members):

On 12 January 2015 at 16:47, Dave Cridland <dave at cridland.net> wrote:

> Dave reported that we are (based on previous years) approximately €1000
> short of breaking even

While it's not absolutely essential that we break even with the Summit, and
we don't run it as a fund-raising venture, it's always nice if we can break
even while giving Summit participants a nice meal as well.

I understand that companies sending people is far more important than
sending money, but we really appreciate XSF Dinner sponsors as well. The
money is used to directly fund both the dinner itself, and food over the
Summit, and I think I speak for everyone when saying that attendees
particularly like those companies who cover the food bills. Certainly
there'll be cheers when Laura thanks the XSF Dinner sponsors at the Dinner
itself.

If it's a choice between paying for an extra attendee or sponsoring, please
send that extra person - the XSF won't go bust as a result - but a handful
of sponsors will keep the XSF's cash reserves healthy, put a smile on a lot
of faces, and put your company's name on their lips.

Thanks,

Dave.