[Summit] XMPP Summit

Edwin Mons jsf at edwinm.ik.nu
Sat Oct 3 06:08:03 UTC 2015

> On 02 Oct 2015, at 16:09, Mike Taylor <bear at andyet.net> wrote:

>>> BTW I will be offline Friday through Tuesday and flying to Richland on
>>> Wednesday morning. Given that we'll have a small group, I've arranged
>>> to use a meeting room at &yet's offices for the Summit.
>>>
>>> If you absolutely need to contact me between now and midday Wednesday,
>>> you can text me at a number that Matthew and all of the yetis have.
>>
>> I do hope remote participation will be possible.  Has this been looked into?
>
> If the Talky.io creators don't have at least one laptop showing the
> sessions I will be very disappointed!

Well, Talky is awesome, and wouldn't mind if that would be the way to participate one bit.  There is more to actual remote participation than a laptop. Specifically, decent cameras and microphones, and possibly some form of screen sharing with the presenter. All quite possible, but it does require a bit of planning usually.

Edwin