[Summit] XMPP Summit

Peter Saint-Andre - &yet peter at andyet.net
Wed Oct 7 18:07:28 UTC 2015

On 10/3/15 12:08 AM, Edwin Mons wrote:

>> On 02 Oct 2015, at 16:09, Mike Taylor <bear at andyet.net> wrote:

>>> I do hope remote participation will be possible.  Has this been
>>> looked into?
>>
>> If the Talky.io creators don't have at least one laptop showing
>> the sessions I will be very disappointed!
>>

> Well, Talky is awesome, and wouldn't mind if that would be the way to
> participate one bit.  There is more to actual remote participation
> than a laptop. Specifically, decent cameras and microphones, and
> possibly some form of screen sharing with the presenter. All quite
> possible, but it does require a bit of planning usually.

Where we've ended up so far is that we'll probably have something of a
working session to plan out MUC2 in greater detail. Not sure yet about
other topics. That kind of working session doesn't lend itself well to
remote participation (e.g. standing at the whiteboard sketching things)
and I don't think we'll have planned presentations (although send them
along if so - folks can view locally instead of sharing in real time).

We'll definitely work to make sure we have decent mics and cameras and
such in the room - but I don't want to over promise (I have to say that
as a remote attendee of IETF/W3C/XSF/etc. events I have *never* had a
great experience).

https://andyet.com/