[Summit] Possible to attend the Summit?

Frank Karlitschek frank at nextcloud.com
Wed Jan 25 18:16:56 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

sorry if this is off topic but I need some advice.
I’m the founder of ownCloud and nowadays Nextcloud. We are building a fully open source file sync and share solution and adding federated communication features at the moment. So additionally to Email, Comments, Social and Video/Voice via WebRTC we want to use XMPP for federated chat between instances.

The idea is that everyone can install and run a Nextcloud instance as easy as possible. The goal is that it can be deployed at every webserver/webspace that supports PHP. This works fine for all features we do but we are struggling a bit how to do this with XMPP and PHP.

Would it be possible to attend the summit and have a bit of brainstorming with you guys to see what we can do here?
This would help me a lot.

What do you think?

Best
Frank