[Summit] XMPP Summit 22 details

Guus der Kinderen guus.der.kinderen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 14:16:51 UTC 2018

Hello all,

As we're getting close to the start of the summit, some details on the
what/when/where:

If by now you didn't realize that the summit will take place on Thursday
February first and Friday February second, you're probably going to have an
interesting challenge arranging to be there.

As in previous years, the summit will take place at Cisco's Diegem offices.
It's full address is:

Cisco System Belgium
Pegasus Park
De Kleetlaan, 6A
1831 Diegem
Belgium

When you arrive, please make yourself known at the reception. There will be
a guest badge waiting for you and you'll be escorted to the conference room.

We'll start at 10:00 on both days. If you plan to arrive at least 15
minutes early, there shouldn't be an issue with getting things going
smoothly. We expect to conclude both days around 5.

A rough list of topics for the agenda is being kept on the wiki. As Kevin
mentioned in an earlier mail, it would be good for you to make sure that
the topics you're interested in are listed there - preferably with some
background, so that others can read up in advance. As usual, we'll try to
compile an agenda from those topics during the first few minutes of the
summit, and take things from there.

Both days, lunch will be provided for. Like last year, we'll enjoy lunch in
the Cisco office canteen. If you have specific dietary requirements, please
reach out to me, and I'll see in what way we can accommodate you.

If you're unable to join us in person, you will be able to participate via
teleconferencing. Details will be made available on the wiki ahead of time.

To keep yourself up-to-date, it'd be good to join the summit multi-user
chat at summit at muc.xmpp.org.

Some of you will arrive on Wednesday. At least one of you asked to meet up
for food. I would suggest that those interested find each-other in the
summit MUC, and arrange things there.

Note that on Thursday, the XSF will host the traditional XSF Dinner, to
which all members and sponsors are invited guests of the XSF (if you're
neither, you're still very welcome to attend, but we'll ask you to cover
your own expenses). We'll provide more details on the dinner in the next
few days.

That's it for now. If you have any questions, please find me.

Regards,

  Guus