[Summit] Summit / FOSDEM hotel

Guus der Kinderen guus.der.kinderen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 18:45:23 UTC 2019

Hello,

As usual, the XSF is arranging a hotel group reservation for the upcoming
XSF summit and FOSDEM event.

We will be using the Thon EU hotel (Rue de la Loi 75, B-1040, Bruxelles),
which is the same hotel as we've been using in the last few years.

We've reserved a block of single rooms, that are available from Wednesday
30 Jan to Sunday 3 Feb. The rates are as follows:

Wednesday 30/01: 185 EURO
Thursday 31/01: 135 EURO
Friday 01/02: 75 EURO
Saturday 02/02: 75 EURO
Sunday 03/02: 135 EURO

This room rate is including breakfast buffet, but excludes a mandatory city
tax of 4.24 per room and night.

Extra cost for double use is 20 euro per room/night (different rates might
apply for children - contact me if this interests you). A chargeable
upgrade in another room type may be necessary as from a third person.

It is not required to book every day: if, for example, you're only
attending the Summit, it's fine to only book Thursday and Friday. Do take
care to fill out the correct dates in the reservation form!

As there was some questions related to this last year, I'd like to make it
clear that it is by no means required to stay in this particular hotel. If
you prefer to make your own arrangements, feel free to do so. There are no
XSF-specific events scheduled to take place in the hotel, apart from it
perhaps becoming the designated taxi pickup point.

If you're interested in a room, please contact me privately (preferably via
email), and I'll provide you a reservation form (or weblink, depending on
what Thon is going to make available to me).

This group offer is valid until January 18. All remaining rooms will be
released by the hotel on that date. This means that on that date, there's
no guarantee that a room is available. The rates as mentioned above wil no
longer apply either.

Please note that bookings are individual, between yourself and the hotel.
You'll need to provide Thon a booking guarantee by credit card (your credit
card information will not be accessible by me). All non guaranteed bookings
may be released 72 hours prior to arrival. Rooms may be cancelled in
written (again, to Thon, not to me) by fax (heh, I'm quoting this) or email
on individual basis 72 hours prior to arrival without any charge. In case
of no-show, late cancellation or early departure, the credit card shall be
charged for 100% of the stay.

I believe that this covers the basics. If I left something out, or if you
need help with anything, please let me know!

Regards,

  Guus