Sorry for replying here i dont have the original email... Anyone knows if there is any Code of Conduct for these meetings? Also what guidelines the operators will follow to stop harm in the network or for people that use their server? There is also the JoinJabber server covenant to have a look at. Regards, MSavoritias On 6/7/26 12:10, informatik@dohdom.de wrote:
Hi all,
I like the idea of that meeting, so a big + from my side :-)
* Run a Jitsi meeting for the period of a day for operators. + * Have a small CfP for any operator who wants to talk or discuss their setup. + * Make the meeting accessible for non-operators too, what better way to get people interested in being an operator than let them join a meeting and hear the discussions on the topic. + * Jitsi supports breakout rooms (like zoom, but never tried using them) so we could breakout into smaller groups to discuss or deal with specific projects or ideas, in a sprint-style manner, then come together at the end to present what each breakout room got up to over the time? + * Maybe if someone is up for it, we can run a workshop in a breakout room for non-operators to learn to setup their first XMPP server using prosody or ejabberd? +
* Any other ideas of what to do during the online meetup? I would like to see a discussion about: do's/do not's in xmpp federation (best practice), e. g. enabling/disabling dialback (pros/cons), enabling/disabling s2s-keepalive (pros/cons), etc.
I also like the idea of discussing "errors/warnings I see in my server log - meanings and how to avoid/repair them - should I care or can I ignore?"
Hope this help somehow :-)
Greetings from Germany XMPP/Jabber: dora71(at)xmpp.dohdom.de