[GSoC] code upload process

Peter Saint-Andre stpeter at stpeter.im
Tue Sep 4 22:18:10 CDT 2007

Hello Jabberites!

Google has just sent an update to the organization admins about the code
upload process. Here is my understanding:

1. Visit http://code.google.com/p/google-summer-of-code-2007-xmpp/ before
September 17.

2. Log in using your Google account credentials.

3. Go to the Downloads section.

4. Click "New Download".

5. For the summary, use your project name as listed at
http://code.google.com/soc/2007/xmpp/about.html

6. Click the "Browse" button to locate your zipped sourcecode tarball.

NOTE: For the filename, use givennames_surnames.tar.gz, as follows:

- matthew_wild.tar.gz
- tomasz_melcer.tar.gz
- brendan_taylor.tar.gz
- tobias_markmann.tar.gz
- armando_diazjagucki.tar.gz
- bernardoantonio_delaossaperez.tar.gz

I'm not 100% sure how to handle hyphens and so on, but I think you'll be
safe with those filenames.

Your tarball can include source files, a single .diff file, multiple .diff
files, binary files, etc. But don't just include a binary build, you need
to include the source code! Also please include the code as of the August
20, not including improvements you have made since then (if you want to
point to those improvements, please do so in a README file).

VERY IMPORTANT: You MUST upload your code by September 17. If you do not
upload your code, Google will expect you to return your final payment. And
I'm sure you don't want that! :)

Finally, please write one last blog entry when you upload your code, and
include a project summary ("here's what I accomplished" etc.) if you have
not already written a blog entry that summarizes your project.

And as always, ping me via IM if you have any questions.

Thanks for all your hard work!

https://stpeter.im/