[GSoC] GSoC Status Meeting

bear bear42 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 7 10:30:00 CDT 2010

On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 08:48, Zhenchao Li <cockneykevin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Sorry for the late reply. I thought it was going to be on Monday just this
> week, I didn't notice it's on "Mondays".
> It turns out that DaiZw and I both live in China, GMT+8. I know striking
> down a time suitable for all is hard. But 1:30 in the morning is rather
> awkward for us, if not most. So would it be OK if we just report out
> progress to out mentors or write a blog entry every week?

The reason for the GSoC is for you guys - so if the meetings are not
at a time that is reasonable for you then we need to adjust them.

Of course the time to have discussed this was 6 days ago when we were
planning it on the gsoc chat and that's the primary reason I decided
to start having weekly meetings because it does seem like email
response time is measured in weeks/days instead of days/hours.

The requirement for a weekly blog post was already considered part of
what is needed so technically you should already have made 2 of them,
but I only know of a single post by one of the you.

So, yes, get with your mentor and have them report back to me by no
later than two days from now what would be a good time to meet.

The deadline for the blog posts will by my Monday morning (I am GMT-7
currently).

Note - I'm also still waiting for postal delivery addresses from three
of you so I can send you some items.

thanks,

--
Bear