[GSoC] Coding begins soon

Matthew Wild matthew at prosody.im
Mon May 24 04:42:23 CDT 2010

On 24 May 2010 08:05, Kevin Smith <kevin at kismith.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 6:10 AM, Zhenchao Li <cockneykevin at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>    I cannot join the room("room does not exist"). Could you
>> confirm gsoc at muc.xmpp.org is the right address?
>
> It is. Perhaps Matt can check the server logs and see what's going on.
> It's possible your server or client are broken in some way (or that
> xmpp.org is, but that seems less likely).

Assuming you're using xmpp.us - it appears xmpp.us can't connect to
xmpp.org. When trying to establish a connection in the other direction
xmpp.org sends a dialback request but doesn't get the incoming
connection from xmpp.us either.

The last time I saw an issue like this it was due to Tigase not being
able to handle the fact that xmpp.org runs on port 9269, but xmpp.us
appears to be running (a recent) ejabberd.

I suggest you contact the server admins and see what they can dig up,
or use an account on another server for now.

Regards,
Matthew