[GSoC] Two things

Kevin Smith kevin at kismith.co.uk
Mon Apr 23 09:53:47 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 8:26 PM, Yann Leboulanger <yann at leboulanger.org> wrote:
> On 04/17/2012 09:08 PM, Kevin Smith wrote:
>>
>> Firstly - Can people please remind me on Friday to attend the dedup
>> meeting. We need to not miss it.
>>
>> Secondly - We can have custom acceptance/rejection messages for
>> students set in Melange. Is there anything we'd like to say to either
>> group?
>

> Some ideas:
>
> for accepted: Congrats, don't hesitate to ask if you have questions (to the
> mentor or anyone in gsoc / jdev room), et important: blog post at least once
> a week
>
> for rejected: thanks for your application, you can still work on your
> project or any open source project if you're interested.

Thanks Yann.

I currently have, for rejections:
"""
Hi from the XMPP Standards Foundation

Thanks very much for your application - we're sorry that we received
applications for many more students than we were able to take and we
couldn't accept yours this summer.

Open source projects are largely volunteer-driven and you're still
very welcome to get in touch with XMPP projects and help out with
small or large tasks outside the scope of the GSoC scheme without the
support of the stipend.

/XSF
"""
and for acceptances:
"""
Hi from the XMPP Standards Foundation

We're very pleased to be able to accept your proposal to work with us
over the summer. We'll shortly be adding you to the XSF's GSoC mailing
list, and from there we'll arrange weekly online meetings with the
students and mentors across the XSF. We'll also be encouraging you to
set up a blog (if you don't yet have one) on which you can post
regularly and frequently about your progress.

In the meantime, please feel free to get in touch with the mentors for
your projects and start the conversation.

Good luck with a productive summer of code!

/XSF
"""
Comments welcome.

/K